As I already mentioned I put a math problem in my profile to help me weed out the people who would be bored and confused if I ever tried to tell them about what I do all day. It required turning a real world problem into a basic system of linear equations and solving it and was given to me by a high school student.
I just got the best email from someone who is is looking for a smart and educated girl and cannot figure out the problem. Apparently he is med school though I have my doubts. Here is his email:
math joke....
ok seriously...i'm too dumb for the joke you have in your profile
i googled it and everything...i dont get it.
what's the punch line?
A few days ago one of my students asked me why we needed to learn math if we could just find the answers to everything on google. Too bad I can't tell them this story! And thank goodness Doctors don't need to be able to solve systems of equations. Or at least I hope they don't. Maybe telling my kids that they need math in the real world is all just a big lie. Or at least it seems like you need more math to date a Calculus teacher than go to med school. I am quite pleased the my blonde hair and "cute smile" have been enough to get men to do math problems. How can I market this?
No comments:
Post a Comment